Conseil Italien pour les Réfugiés recrute
About the job
The Italian Council for Refugees (CIR) is presently looking for a highly qualified and experienced Protection Officer to assist migrants and refugees in Médenine, Tunisia, in the frame of a project funded by UNHCR Tunisia.
We are looking to appoint someone who speaks Arabic, French and English fluently and has previous work experience in a similar context.
The Protection Officer is expected to coordinate quality, timely and effective protection responses to the needs of PoCs.
He/she is representing the organization externally on protection doctrine and policy as guided by the Project Manager.
He/she also ensures that persons of concern are involved with CIR local office in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems.
To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, authorities, protection and assistance partners as well as a broader network of stakeholders who can contribute to enhancing protection.
Overall purpose of the role
The Protection Officer will be a national staff and will support migrants and refugees arriving in Tunisia within mixed migration flows.
Mixed movements through/into southern Tunisia have been characterized by relatively low numbers as the country is not normally intended as a destination for most refugees and migrants. Most arrivals are by land from Algeria, on route to Libya with the objective of eventually reaching Europe; by land from Libya, following failed attempts to Europe or escaping harsh conditions in Libya—often with the objective of either returning to the country of origin or finding an alternative destination for economic opportunity; or, by sea, following rescue or interception departing either from Tunisia or Libya to Europe.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment
· Provide technical guidance and support to CIR and partners on all protection related issues.
· Establish and maintain contacts with host communities,
· Provision of disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems; researches, collects and disseminates relevant protection information and good practices to enhance protection delivery.
· Conduct profiling of persons arriving to Tunisia within mixed migration movements,
· Conduct counselling sessions with migrants in both foyers through information and communication support, explaining the range of possibilities they have and to whom they have to refer in each case
· Provide advice and guidance on protection issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
· Ensure that referral cases are taken into consideration, and that all reporting related to these cases is duly filled in and shared with relevant actors,
· Participate in initiatives to capacitate national authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection related legislation and procedures,
· Enforce compliance of staff and implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services
· Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential minimum qualifications and experience required
· MA in Social Sciences, International Law, International Humanitarian Law or equivalent. Alternatively, high school diploma + significant work experience in a similar position
· At least 2 years of experience in similar settings
· Languages: Fluent English, French and Arabic
· Good IT skills including database management skills.
Conditions – We offer
· Contract: Fixed-term position
· Contract length: 7 months
· Start date: A soon as possible
· Duty Station: Médenine with possibility of missions to Sfax
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in French or English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Italian Council for Refugees ’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Ville : Medenine
Nom / Entreprise : Conseil Italien pour les Réfugiés
Email : email@example.com
Tel / Fax : 20 947 075
Adresse : 17 rue Ennil, cité Milaha Ariana Tunisie
Site Web : http://www.cir-onlus.org/